Saturday, October 2, 2010

Maybe I’m Going Crazy…

So, those of you who personally know me, know that I’m pretty much anti-girl. After about twelve, it was pretty much impossible to get me in a dress or really anything not jeans and a t-shirt. Altogether, this means disliking anything pink, frilly, lacey, or too cutesy.
Well, I think I’ve been bitten by the cuteness bug. I’ve been thinking about what I would like to do with Yuuki’s room once my husband and I get our own place, and I’ve come across these adorable finds:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KidKraft-Dollhouse-Bookcase-With-Flip-Top/4200510#

I first came across the bookcase at a Once Upon a Child in my area. It’s a great second-hand children’s store. If there’s one in your area, I’d recommend at least checking them out. They have new items as well as second-hand. We bought a brand new crib there, but second-hand clothing for instance.

Well, one day this bookcase was there, and then it was not. However, by that time, I had already fallen in love with it, so I had to have it…for Yuuki. Yes, for Yuuki. I looked it up and there it was, at Wal-Mart. Never have I been so excited for Wal-Mart before.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Badger-Basket-9-Cubby-Storage-Unit-White/8056054

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=fabric+cubes&ic=48_0&search_constraint=0

With the cubby units, I intend to use the fabric cubes in it. Well, except that I plan to use the brightly colored ones…that I can’t find online. They’re always in store though, whether at Wal-Mart or Target. I figure that I can turn them into a makeshift dresser for when Yuuki is younger, like through 4 or so. Afterwards, she’s free to choose her own decorations. (I’m sure that statement will come to bite me someday.)

Well, these are just my ideas for now. As I find more I’ll definitely be posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment