Saturday, October 2, 2010

Free Time, No Time

I know that I haven’t posted too much in the past few days. This isn’t something that I’m doing on purpose, just that I have a lot going on right now.
As I mentioned a few posts ago, I’ve been hired to write a novelized version of a manga. It’s a lot of fun, but it’s also extremely challenging. I’ve never written something that I didn’t create myself. Therefore, I’m left with using whatever dialogue I can that’s directly from the manga, and just using my own interpretations of what the characters are thinking. Also, I’m shooting for 50,000 words, and since I’m currently just over 6,000, I have a lot more to write before I finish. I write 1,000 words a day as often as I can. I admit that I skip a few days here and there, but it’s mostly because a more difficult task came up, say taking care of Yuuki all day, because she just won’t stop crying. Then again, I also miss, because I’m just having one of those days.

Today was one of those days, as was yesterday. Those days are when the very thought of writing on the novel sounds absolutely horrible. This is not to be confused with not wanting to work on it, just that upon having the screen in front of me, it looks unappealing. This happens when it comes to my own novels as well.

It’s also one of those days when I would just rather stay in bed all day than do anything else. I woke up this morning feeling just fine, but now I’m utterly exhausted, and I can’t take a nap, because Yuuki is just being fussy today.

I don’t really know the point of this thread other than to let everyone know that posts might take longer than usual to make their appearances. Once I’m done with the novel, I’ll be more on top of things. When it comes to what I do in my spare time, the novel takes precedence over everything else. However, I do slip up and spend way too much time on Facebook sometimes…okay, a lot of the time…but I’m working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment