Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Insomnia

So, I’m not even sure to write about right now. It’s nearing one o’clock here and I can’t sleep, so I thought I would write another post while I’m up.


I’m usually exhausted when I get up in the morning, but by bedtime, I’m just not tired anymore.

Insomnia is not something that is new to me. I’ve always had a difficult time falling asleep, but it’s become even more difficult since Yuuki has been born. It’s all too easy to stay up late when most of my hours are spent taking care of a baby, and I’m wanting some me time or time with my husband.

It’s weird, because I spend so much time during the day around noise (crying, rattle, her Take-along Tunes, etc.) that I can’t sleep when it’s quieter (my husband likes background noise when he sleeps; I want none). I’ve taken plenty of naps in the middle of the day with the TV on and Yuuki’s swing playing music at the same time. I suppose it’s just one of those things that I’m going to have to get used to as a mother.

Now, I’m going to figure out how to balance sleep, baby, and writing. I’ve accepted a job from an independent source to write a novel based on a manga. I will have to make sure that I have plenty of time to devote to this job during the day, and with Yuuki’s semi-regular schedule, maybe I can work something out. I just hope that the hours I should spend sleeping don’t become new work hours.

1 comment:

  1. I remember after having Val I felt like the walking dead for months. I use to joke that I got a good nights sleep when I would get more then 3 hours. At first it didn't really bother me much. But after about 6 months I felt like I was falling apart! I was really glad when we at last were getting about 7-8 hours a night. But still.. I feel like I could sleep for weeks and still feel like getting just a little bit more. =)

    ReplyDelete